Ed Fonder started this business in 1943, in Downtown Sioux Falls. His daughter Mary came to work for him in 1972 and in 1977 Mary and her husband bought the business.
A lot has happened to the industry since that time. Today Chris, Ben, and Rachael join there mother Mary in the Sewing business.
In 2004, we decided to make the move from downtown to 41st street. Here we offer our customers a larger store front and easier access from both interstate 90 and 229, not to mention the huge parking lot and classroom we now have! Additionally, we pride ourselves in offering the best machines, prices and in-store service available in South Dakota.
Over the years we have seen the sewing trend change. Today’s machines are amazing and our selection offers a machine to fit anyone's needs...whether they're experienced sewing enthusiasts or just learning their first stitches. All visitors are welcomed with a warm hello from a knowledgeable staff member who is always happy to help!